PBS KIDS ScratchJr lets kids create their own interactive stories and games. Learn to code through programing games and activities featuring characters from hit PBS KIDS shows like Wild Kratts, Nature Cat, WordGirl and Peg + Cat!
This creative coding app, designed for children ages 5-8, provides endless storytelling possibilities. Programming made simple helps kids enjoy interactive stories, make games and more!
Coding for kids with ScratchJr has children snap together colorful programming blocks to make characters move, jump, dance and sing. Through coding lessons and story starters, kids will learn to solve problems, design projects and express themselves creatively on a tablet.
With PBS KIDS ScratchJr, children don’t just learn to code, they code to learn.
– Colorful programming blocks teach basic coding concepts
– Learn to code by snapping together color-coded motion, sound, look, trigger and control blocks
– Use programming concepts to create sequences of actions that cause characters to animate and interact in fun and exciting ways
PBS KIDS Characters and Backgrounds
– 150+ PBS KIDS characters
– Learn coding and create interactive stories and projects based on hit PBS KIDS shows like:
– Wild Kratts
– Natura Cat
– And more!
– Painting games to create your characters and backgrounds
– Voice PBS KIDS characters and add your own sounds with the recording tool
PBS KIDS Story Starters
– Interactive story games with eight story starters can kick off your child’s inspiration
– Interactive games features different sets of characters from PBS KIDS Shows
– Use coding and programming to edit and complete a story
Learn to code while having fun with PBS KIDS characters. Start programming, drawing and creating interactive stories – download ScratchJr today!
For more PBS KIDS apps, visit http://www.pbskids.org/apps.
For more on ScratchJr, visit http://www.scratchjr.org
Our support email is [email protected] Please reach out with feedback and suggestions!
PBS KIDS ScratchJr is a collaboration between PBS, Tufts University, the MIT Media Lab, and the Playful Invention Company. The PBS KIDS logo & PBS KIDS® PBS. Used with permission. ScratchJr logo is used with permission. PBS is not affiliated with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology or Tufts University.
Recommended for you
★ • 13Education
4.8 ★ • 22Education
★ • 16Education
3.9 ★ • 31Education
★ • 19Education
★ • 19Education
You may also like
2.2 ★ • 386Social
★ • 92Entertainment
4.4 ★ • 179Tools
4.7 ★ • 75Simulation
4.3 ★ • 471Action
3.8 ★ • 127Entertainment